TELEPHONE SERVICE: PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE TEMPORARY CHURCH PHONE NUMBER:
(916) 664-3849 Ext. 100. Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new phone carrier. We are still experiencing difficulty in restoring the church’s original phone number. Thank you.
1. SPIRITUAL WARRIOR: TODAY at 3:00 – Travis Parker will present the Spiritual Warrior Awards. One of the recipients this year is our very own Pastor Anthony R. Sadler. This event will be held at Consumnes River College, Recital Hall at 3p.m. (Doors open at 2p.m.) To obtain tickets: please see Sisters Dora Buck/Raynett Young and Brothers Travis Parker/Clifton West. Come on out and bless Pastor by being there! All proceeds will go to the Martha Parker Scholarship Fund.
2. BUSINESS MEETING: The next quarterly Business Meeting will be held; February 8th at 7:00 p.m. Please turn in your report to the church office ASAP. Thank you.
3. KITCHEN REPAIRS: The kitchen will be closed Jan. 26th- 30th; due to kitchen repairs. Thank you. ~Dea. Dan Fontenot
4. DEACON BOARD MEETING: The Board of Deacons will meet at 6:00 p.m. on Feb. 1st. ~Deacon Isaiah Ollison, Chairman
5. ANNUAL DAY: Ushers, Health Aide, Greeters & the Safety Team’s Annual Day will be observed on Feb. 10th during the 10:30 Worship Service. Our theme is: “Let Us Not Grow Weary in Doing Good in All Seasons” Galatians 6:9-10. Please join us in this celebration of service. Refreshments will be served immediately after service. ~Sis. Dora Lee Sims, Chairperson
6. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The dates for Vacation Bible School (VBS) are July 8th through12th. Volunteers are needed in the following areas: Teachers, Crafts & Music. Please sign-up and make a difference in a child’s life and our community. The sign-up sheet is in the church office. Thank you. ~ Sis. U’Von Roberson ~
7. BLACK HISTORY: Please sign up in the church office for "A Moment in Black History". This is presented each Sunday in February at both services. Please contact Sis. Raynett Young for information. (916-287-6072)
8. YOUTH NEWS:
9. PRAYER BREAKFAST: Shiloh’s Annual Prayer Breakfast will be held March 16th at the Sacramento Hilton (Arden West); Donation is $30.00. Tickets are on sale now. We ask you to prepare your hearts and minds for another wonderful blessing. ~Sis. Nelgene Thompson, Coordinator
10.RETREAT NEWS: Ladies, its 2019! What better way to start the year than putting your deposit down for the Women’s Retreat? (May 31st thru June 2nd). If you begin paying $40.00 this month, you will be paid up by April 30th. C’mon ladies, get your deposit paid before Jan. 31st. Please see Sis. Claudette Ford or Sis. Hilda Washington if you have any questions or wish to make your payment. ~The Publicity Team
11.SAVE THE DATE: The 40th Christian Married Couples Retreat will be held April 6-8, 2019 at Zehryr Point Presbyterian Conference Center. the cost is $460 per couple which includes: lodging 2 nights, and 5 meals. For additional information, call, Dea. John & Sis. Morlene Anderson (916) 422-6738.
© 2019 Shiloh Baptist Church